Go Abroad with your Teammates
Global Players is uniquely qualified to develop custom programs for coaches who want to take their team on a tour abroad as well as study abroad offices and faculty members who want to diversify study abroad by including student-athletes.
As experts in study abroad for student-athletes, Global Players designs custom programs which are:
- Collaborative- we work with you to put together a program that is culturally, athletically and academically relevant
- Specialized- we ensure that the expectations of all parties involved (student-athletes, faculty, administration, coaches) are not only met, but exceeded
- Accessible- we focus on custom programs that fit your schedule, budget and programming needs
Sample Program Options:
Faculty-Led ‘Student-Athlete Study Abroad'- Cohort of your university’s student-athletes (from any sport varsity or club) study abroad together with a faculty member to earn resident credit and continue training and playing internationally.
Team Travel Give your team a ‘mini study abroad’ experience instead of the traditional ‘hop-on-hop off tour’. You choose which GP Pillar you want to lead with - Learn, Play, Travel, or Serve - and we build the program from there. In 10 days your players could study spanish in Guatemala while teaching clinics. OR play national teams and clubs while traveling through Europe.
How it Works
Everything you need to know about Global Players'
Why our Team Travel and Faculty-Led programs are different
We have athletic, academic, and cultural contacts all over the world. When you partner with Global Players, we take care of preparations and handle logistics so you can focus on coaching or teaching and your student-athletes can continue training and playing.
Global Players Team Travel and FLPs are extensions of Global Players study abroad and therefore based on the philosophy that participants will arrive TOURISTS and leave TRAVELERS by the end of their trip.
We are creating a new hybrid way to study abroad for student-athletes, from varsity to club. Join the movement and set a new precedent on campus!
• Customized Program Development
• Specialized Advising & Support
• Online Application Tools
• Course Selection Guidance
• Academic & Cultural Orientation
• Classrooms & Facilities
• Games with Local & National Teams
• International Tournaments
• Intersquad Scrimmages
• Clinics & ‘Cross-Coaching’
• On-site Athletic Director
• Gym Membership
• Gear Pack
• Guided City Tours (Bike/Bus/Boat/Donkey)
• Health Insurance (including coverage during athletics)
• Transportation Pass
• Language Basics
• ‘Live Like a Local’ Traveler Tips
• Volunteer and Service Opportunities
• International Coaching and Leadership Sessions
• Community Development and Cultural Immersion Practices